Sunday, June 27, 2010

Breaking news

The Sunday paper reported that FCAT scores are being released tomorrow (Monday). This are the individual student scores. Our school grade, it sounds like, will be made public on Tuesday. There are two bonuses on the line here; if our school keeps an A, that's one bonus; if my kids in particular do well, that's another one (although I won't know for sure if I'm a recipient of that second MAP bonus until the fall, since it's also based on things like evaluations, etc).

It goes without saying, of course, that the BIG payout of the scores is the satisfaction of seeing that my kids' hard work all year paid off. ;) Which, after all, is why one goes into teaching.

But I REALLY want those bonuses....start praying extra hard. I'm going to go to the school as soon as we're allowed tomorrow to view my students' scores. I'll report back as soon as I know anything.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Crossing my fingers for you! I hope they did well. And I hope like hell you get both bonuses!!

anna said...

Good luck & prayers for good scores & bonuses!

Let us know once you find out!

Jen said...

Boooo. I guess the scores went to districts today, but schools dont receive their scores till tomorrow. AND, our principal is out this week, so we may not be able to see them till she gets back. The paper will have averages and things like that tomorrow probably, but our school "grade" wont be known for another month, since they have to crunch the numbers, blah blah blah. So basically, I know a whole bunch of nothin' right now, and may not for a while.

anna said...

Arg! Those results seem like they're taking forever this year!

Renee said...

That sucks... I hope you get them before you come home this summer!